On UNIX/Linux I use rsync and thanks to Cygwin I was able to do the same thing on Windows. The goal for the script was :
- Must backup two directories into one directory located on an USB key drive
- Must not delete any file in the backup
- Must always keep the old versions of any updated file
- links actually is a symlink to the directory that contains foo1 and foo2. I created this symlink with the ln -s command as the path to the parent directory of foo1 and foo2 had spaces and I didn't want to deal with path escaping issues.
- --modify-window=2 is necessary on windows, else the whole set of file is saved all the time.
- --delete can be added to the rsync command if we want the deleted files to be removed from the backup